beautiful bedtime story from m. night shyamalan.
there are two reactions of the audience who have watched this film.
1. they love it.
2. they hate it.
i believe that there will be many people and critics who “hate” this film so much. it’s different from shyamalan’s previous works which mostly contain “unexpected ending.” his new film, “lady in the water” is truly a modern bedtime story with original plot. if you want to enjoy this film, you must ask no question, remove all the logic from your head and start to believe in imaginary world… just like when you were kids believing that there was santa clause living at the north-pole and there were fairies in the enchanted forest somewhere in this world.
- the animation in the beginning is lovely.
- it’s like watching a role playing game. if you don’t like rpg, you probably get bored.
- wonderful soundtrack.
- paul giamatti’s acting is really good.
- narf can’t do anything much.
- i don’t like shyamalan in this film. he appears too often and his role draws too much attention! this film could be better without his face on it.
- this production could be done in a small budget.
movie: lady in the water | director: m. night shyamalan | release: 2006
p.s.1 alex sandell from juicy cerebellum wrote “the critic in me wants to boo and hiss and cry in disappointment. the 5-year-old in me wants to stand up and applaud.” …that’s exactly what’s in my mind!
p.s.2 thank you for the ticket from yenta4.com